Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Saturday 23 March 2013

Met at the Swap Meet

Today the Horowhenua Vintage Car Club held Swap Meet and Collectables Day at their Levin Club Grounds. This swap meet has been going since 1997 and it is certainly popular by the number of stalls and the size of the crowd looking around. There must have been at least 100 different stalls present all trying to sell everything from vintage car parts to bric a brac and some who were selling the full range. There was so much for sale there was something there for everyone including the ladies.

P3237880 Some of the many stalls.

The host club was selling raffles, morning tea complete with sandwiches and cakes, and sausages in bread off the BBQ.

While I was meandering around the stalls I was tapped on the shoulder and lo and behold was Owen & Helen who we know through Caravanning,  and walking around the car park taking photos of some of the better presented vehicles was our mechanic Murray, from Upper Hutt.

P3237886 A very well presented Chevy Impala

P3237885 An array of Hubcaps in the foreground and in the background is a selection of magazines.

I also saw in the car park a very nicely presented and very rare Mk1 Zephyr convertible. I have often wished I had kept my 1957 Mk1 Zephyr, so I looked with envy.

P3237884 Mk1 Zephyr Convertible.

One of the blogs we follow is nb Waiouru. It was just as well Tom was not present as in one of his earlier posts he mentioned that he had no seen a “Seagull” outboard motor for some years. Well there was one of these for sale and Tom you may not have been able to resist. So here for You.

P3237883 “Seagull” Outboard Motor – Prop is on the ground.

While I was at the Swap meet Jenny was up to her elbows in flour or such cooking up a storm for the visit of daughter and family tomorrow. On my return home I saw a nice looking Plum Cake for me to sample  tomorrow.

2 comments:

Tom and Jan said...

How much did they want for it? I'm interested :-)

Tom

Jenny and Robin said...

Sorry Tom I did not ask so I don't know. I did not think you would be seriously interested in buying and I thought that this was an interesting joke with you.