Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Wednesday 6 October 2021

Plans Change

Robin had done a great job of organising work to be done on the caravan up in Hamilton this week, 430kms away.  The caravan was to have it’s annual service and recall work done on our water heater at the Leisureline factory on Wednesday.  Then moving on to Motorhome Solar the following day to get a new battery and another solar panel installed.  All these plans came crashing down last Friday when we found out that Hamilton and surrounding areas had been placed in Level 3 for the next 5 days due to Covid cases appearing in the area.  What a bummer, the caravan had been moved to the car park outside our home, packed up and ready to go.

P1020762 

As the days are rolling by, and numbers of community cases in the Hamilton area keep rising, it appears unlikely that Level 3 restrictions will be lifted at the end of the week.  Which means, of course, that we will be unlikely to drive up to Hamilton next week for rescheduled appointments.  

On a happier note, I have some good health news to report.  Last week I attended  my follow-up appointment at Palmerston North Hospital with the neurosurgical team after my spinal surgery back in May.  I had been for a MRI several weeks ago, so they had an up-to-date picture of my spine.  Things are progressing well, I was told, so well that they won’t want to see me for another 12 months, and will order a further MRI prior to this appointment.  They showed me a picture of my spinal cord prior to surgery, and I could clearly see the fistula snaking forwards and back across my spinal cord about six times in a row, this was putting pressure and squeezing causing me all kinds of problems.  I am just so thankful this condition was finally diagnosed and the surgery was so successful.

P1020755

At Palmerston North Hospital

3 comments:

Tom and Jan said...

Well done Jenny. You'll be back Line Dancing in no time :-)

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

That is excellent news about your surgery success, Jenny!

Can you head away elsewhere given the Waikato is off the table for the moment? Or do the repairs need to be done before that is possible?

We had intended to head to Taranaki and Tauranga when I have finished the assignment I'm working on and David has had his 3 monthly post radiation check mid month. But we will wait and see.

Cheers, Marilyn

Janice said...

I do hope the COVID outbreak in Hamilton is brought under control quickly. It’s the last thing you want. It is great news that your surgery was a success and the doctors are happy with your progress.