Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Thursday 12 August 2021

Jeep Recall

Had a trip to Palmerston North recently as our Jeep had a recall to update the computer. It was a beautiful morning for a drive, just look at the snow cover on the Tararua Ranges behind our home.  This view is looking over the caravan parking area in our village.

P1020495

Cold weather brings snow on the ranges

We dropped the Jeep off off bright and early, and had requested a loan car for the morning as I had to attend a medical appointment.  No problem with that, and we drove away in a little blue Kia.

P1020498

Leaving our car behind

Both my appointment and the update on the car was all done by midday so we returned the little blue car, climbed into our much larger Jeep, and drove off to have such lunch.  I was gasping for a coffee by this stage as I had to be “nil by mouth” for my early morning appointment.  Finding a car park in the mall was not easy, as the top parking area had been closed off.  Because it was not stable we were told!  What’s to stop it falling down on us below, I asked Robin?  Remember – we live in an earthquake prone country.  Hopefully the problem will be resolved so I won’t have to worry, or maybe we will just park outside in future.

Lunch was at one of the cafes in the Mall.  While waiting for our lunch orders to arrive, I enjoyed my first coffee of the day.  Robin decided a chocolate milkshake was more to his liking.

P1020501

He loves his milkshakes

With a couple of of things ticked off our list, it was time to head home, and we arrived back to find a courier parcel on our doorstep, from grand-daughter Megan.  Wonder what it is?  Inside was a jar of honey, with a note saying it was made from the hives on the property where she is staying.  How kind is that!

P1020503

Special delivery from Megan

1 comment:

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Good to get the recall sorted in conjunction with a medical appointment on such a beautiful clear day - efficiency! I've got to take our Sportage in for a check and service on Monday and I am going to use the time for my hour long walk - a change of scenery walking in PRM rather than Waikanae will be interesting, I reckon, once I get off that bustling Kapiti Road...

And what a lovely gift you returned home to! Have you had any on toast yet?

Hugs, Marilyn