Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Sunday 18 October 2020

Visiting George

It was my turn to host an outing with our SLG friends during the week, so I took them to “The George” for lunch.  The George is a restaurant in the rather expensive Speldhurst Estate, built on the grounds of the former Kimberley Hospital here in Levin.  The grounds are lovely, full of beautiful large mature trees.

P1000700

The George

P1000701

This must be our table

Non of our guests had dined here before, nor even Robin.  I had though in my social get-togethers, and had  been here previously for lunch and morning tea.  We soon settled down to peruse the menu and make our choices.  I enjoyed my Seafood Pasta, and Robin had a nice steak, while a couple of the others chose from the cabinet food.  Les couldn’t find his old favourite of lambs fry and bacon on the menu, so had battered fish instead. I’m always amazed that the staff take photos so willingly, guess it’s all part of their training and service, to keep the customers happy.  I really do appreciate it, as most go out of their way to snap several photos from different angles so graciously.

P1000702

Les, Trish, Ashley, Yvonne, Jenny and Robin

We were a slightly smaller group this time, as one couple had a previous commitment.  But still good fun, good food and good company.  After a drive around the grounds to see the huge amount of building taking place, everyone met back at Villa 50 for coffee and cake.  Did I mention this was an early birthday lunch for me?

Cutting the Cake 1


P1000705

Celebrating my birthday a little early

Poor Gemma nearly came to grief when we were enjoying a piece of carrot birthday cake.  One of our guests had been to the bathroom, come out and left the door closed.  Which meant that Gemma couldn’t access her dirt box – no wonder she was running to and fro and getting agitated.  Catastrophe finally averted, but we will have to remember the door issue next time we have visitors.

No comments: