Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Sunday 31 March 2019

Some Vintage Beauties

I had a girls day out yesterday, meeting in the Vintage Car Club rooms, for a day of stitching.  These walls of these very macho surroundings were covered in all sorts of motoring memorabilia.  Such as this hub cap collection, donated by one of the members.

Hub Cap collection

While my group of ladies were stitching away, there seemed to be all sorts of things happening out in the car park.  Cars were arriving, motors were revving, and a crowd of excited people were gathering.  The Vintage Car Club members were assembling before heading off on an outing.   Being nosy, I wandered outside to have a look.


I don’t know too much about cars, and this one didn’t look nearly as vintage as some of the others.  But rather glamorous with the white wall tyres and gleaming paintwork.


These two looked decidedly vintage. and like all the cars, beautifully presented.


While I was walking around admiring all the cars, this delightful car rumbled up.  What a beauty, for a not very interested car person, I was most impressed.  A Model T Ford, he told me.  But he didn’t offer to whisk me away on a vintage car jaunt, (he probably had his wife with him) so I went back inside to get on with my stitching.  I could just imagine me sitting there like someone really important,  with the wind blowing  in my hair.  Never mind, dreams are free!

Model T Ford

1 comment:

Janice said...

What a beautiful array of vehicles. I never tire of seeing them on runs.