Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Saturday 25 March 2017

50 Years Ago Today

Doesn’t time fly!!  Fifty years ago I was “matron of honour” when my good friend Merilyn wed Colin.  I can’t lay my hands on a photo right now, but take my word for it -  Merilyn looked beautiful in her long white gown.  Her new husband Colin looked handsome, and we three bridesmaids were dressed in apricot satin. 

I was a young married Mum back then and my Mother took my two children down to the church to watch us all in our finery.  She reported later that young Michael, then aged 3, said in a loud voice, “My Mummy is getting married”.  He didn’t have it quite correct, but I was all dressed up in church!

P1030970
“Golden Wedding” anniversary rose

We had really wanted to travel down to Dunedin to share in the 50th Wedding celebrations this weekend, but sadly could not make it.  But I sent our gift down a few weeks early – a beautiful yellow rose appropriately called “Golden Wedding” from South Pacific Roses in Otaki.  Merilyn loves her garden and it is planted in pride of place, she told me.  Happy 50th Anniversary!

P1030969
South Pacific Roses in Otaki

No comments: