Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Tuesday 12 August 2014

Wind and Rain today

It was one of those mornings when we were thankful that our working lives were behind us.  The wind was blowing a gale and  rain was hosing down but we were nice and warm inside.  With a freshly brewed cup of tea each, here we were, still tucked up in bed, watching the morning news on TV.  Gone were the days of being a commuter, hanging around the bus stop and the railway station as we trudged off to work in the dreary dark winter days.  Oh well, all you young ones keep on working and paying taxes, to pay for our pensions!

Mr Tui Man is unfazed by the bad weather as he peeps out of his beer barrel.

P8120010 Who’s a cheeky boy, then?

There’s a little spot of colour in the front garden with some cheery yellow pansies and polyanthus in flower.

P8120012

The rain had stopped by lunch time and we went out in separate cars.   Robin is a volunteer driver for the Cancer Society so that kept him busy,  ferrying patients to their hospital appointments.  He always takes our small car, because it is so much easier for the patients to get in and out.  Which means I was entrusted to the big 4WD.  I find it a quite large to drive, so I was extra careful – just in case.   Luckily, we both made it home safely, but even I have to admit that the way I parked outside on my return home leaves a lot to be desired.   Ooops, I never realised I was so far over the line. (Robin here it amazes me how Jenny can sew a straight line).

No comments: