Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Friday 10 May 2013

Three men in a car

With a cheery wave, they were off, three men in a car.  Robin, Selwyn and Peter were driving to Rotorua.  Is it safe to let them go alone, the wives probably wondered?  But they are big boys, and should be fine without their better halves there to keep an eye on them.

DSCF5308 Selwyn, Robin and Peter

They will be attending a Caravan and Camping New Zealand (CCNZ) Council meeting tomorrow morning, so it is not just a fun jaunt for them.  Various items need further discussion and clarification, and our club members feel very strongly about them.  There are several points which need to be challenged, so it is much better to do it face to face at a meeting, instead of long winded correspondence.  So with the three blokes putting our caravan club views across, it should be a lively meeting indeed.  Can’t wait to hear all about it late tomorrow, when they return.

DSCF5310 They’re off to Rotorua

Before he left, Robin felt that he should make sure that I could work the new TV.  He has serious doubts about my ability with any new technology!  I had never turned our new TV on or off, and he didn’t want me sitting alone in the lounge tonight, fuming because I couldn’t get it to work.  Of course, the fact that men always hog the TV remotes might well be the reason I have never discovered how to use it.  Anyway, he gave me a run through of what to do, and I have to use three remotes in the right sequence.  Hopefully I’ll remember so that I can watch a bit of telly tonight.  Or else I’ll just have to sit and read my book instead – and admit I wasn’t listening to his instructions properly.

1 comment:

Katie said...

LOL You sound like me. I keep a list of instructions with all our remotes, then I don't have to keep asking what controls what and in which sequence. Good luck! :-)