Success is getting what you want; happiness is liking what you get

Saturday 16 July 2011

Wonder what Freud would say?

I’ve got a guilty little secret – and I just can’t help myself.  I caught myself coming over all funny today when I drove by the station on the way to the library.  There was nothing for it, I parked the car, took my camera, and went to have a closer look.  I’m sad to say that I just love to watch big machinery (and workmen) doing that tough man stuff!  Wonder what Freud would say about that?  It looked to me that there was some serious pipe replacement going on.  The workman hooked a chain through one of the big concrete pipes and the big yellow digger slowly lifted it up.
DSCF6752 Working in the station car park
“ Ah ha”, I thought to myself, as I snapped a few photos, “he’s going to put that in the trench”.  But no, he didn’t.
DSCF6753 The pipe was swung around
DSCF6754 And right around to the back
Guess the pipes would end up in the trench sooner or later.   After taking several photos  I really felt that I should move on, as I didn’t want the workmen to feel threatened by a camera snapping grey haired granny.  So what I want to know – do I really have a problem with being particularly partial to a nice bit of heavy machinery?  And if so, what am I going to do about it?  Or then again, perhaps it doesn’t really matter!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Is just the machinery the attraction??? LOL

Jenny said...

Oh dear, perhaps it the workmen?